CODE OF CONDUCT
- (based on ICF & IIC pronouncements)
Standards of Professional & Ethical Conduct
As a Coach
1) I will conduct myself in a manner that reflects positively upon the
coaching profession and I will refrain from engaging in conduct or
making statements that may negatively impact the public's
understanding or acceptance of coaching as a profession.
2) I will not knowingly make any public statements that are untrue
or misleading, or make false claims in any written documents relating
to the coaching profession.
3) I will respect different approaches to coaching. I will honor the efforts
and contributions of others and not misrepresent them as my own.
4) I will be aware of any issues that may potentially lead to the misuse
of my influence by recognizing the nature of coaching and the way in
which it may affect the lives of others.
5) I will at all times strive to recognize personal issues that may impair,
conflict or interfere with my coaching performance or my professional
relationships. Whenever the facts and circumstances necessitate,
I will promptly seek professional assistance and determine the action
to be taken, including whether it is appropriate to suspend or to
terminate the coaching relationship(s).
6) As a trainer or supervisor of current and potential coaches, I will
conduct myself in accordance with the Code of Ethics in all training
and supervisory situations.
7) I will conduct and report research with competence, honesty and
within recognized scientific standards. My research will be carried
out with the necessary approval or consent from those involved, and
with an approach that will reasonably protect participants from any
potential harm. All research efforts will be performed in a manner
that complies with the laws of the country in which the research is
8) I will accurately create, maintain, store and dispose of any records of
work done in relation to the practice of coaching in a way that
promotes confidentiality and complies with applicable laws.